President's Awards 2016/2017
- Are you a current or former DCU student who would like to recognise someone who has made a significant impact on you during your time at DCU?
- Are you a staff member who would like to see a colleague's outstanding contribution to teaching and learning in DCU recognised and rewarded?
- Would you like to nominate someone for their outstanding contribution to teaching and learning at DCU?
The President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching recognises outstanding contributions to DCU's teaching and Learning Activities.
Deadline for receipt of nominations
The deadline for nominations is 17th March 2017 - 4pm.
The President's Awards for Excellence in Teaching recognises outstanding contributions to DCU's Teaching and Learning activities (see What is Teaching Excellence?). The awards are considered under three categories - Academic, New Lecturer/Tutor (with teaching experience of three years or less) and Teaching Support.
Left to Right - John Doyle, Dr Roddy Flynn, Dr Yseult Freeney, Prof Brian MacCraith, Muirel Keegan (representing the SAMA project), Keith Hickey, Michael Farrell
Who is eligible for the award?
All DCU staff members who are involved in teaching or teaching support in DCU may be nominated. Nominations may be made for individuals or for groups or teams. Nominations can be made under one of the three following categories:
- New Lecturer/Tutor – (any person with teaching experience of three years or less);
- Academic (any person who has taught in DCU for more than three years);
- Academic Support (anyone who makes an indirect contribution to teaching - these may include, but are not limited to, lab technicians, demonstrators, librarians, etc.
Previous award winners are not eligible to be considered for another award for three years after receiving their award. Please check previous award winners before making a nomination, as such nominations will not be considered. If you wish to recognise those providing administrative support outside of teaching it is preferable to use the Human Resources Reward and Recognition System for Administrative, Support and Technical Staff.