Be part of a unique exciting opportunity to develop and launch your business idea in the new start-up programme for DCU students and alumni, UStart.
We are seeking dynamic individuals and teams with innovative ideas which could be developed into real business concepts for the marketplace. This is a unique opportunity to develop that idea you've been working on for years, to design and build your innovative products and services, and to bring it to fruition.
What's on offer?
• Up to €10,000 seed funding investment
• Mentorship from an extensive network of 100 experienced business experts and professionals
• Office space and facilities for 4 months
• Assistance with design and build of prototypes
• Masterclasses in accounting, legal issues, human resources, marketing
• Investor Day attended by Venture capitalists and Business Angels
• Accommodation in campus residences with other start-up teams
Drawing on our wide-ranging network of national and international contacts, DCU will support you every inch of the way as you develop your idea, providing all the guidance and advice you'll need. We will offer you a supportive, encouraging environment to flourish and take your idea to the next level. The invaluable experience and new skills gained are second only to the thrill of starting up your own venture!
The UStart programme is open to all registered DCU students and recent alumni, and may be selected as an alternative INTRA option by 3rd year undergraduates.
Save the Dates
• February 4th – March 15th 2013
UStart brainstorming and networking sessions, idea-pitching events and information sessions.
• March 18th – 22nd 2013
Advice sessions with final words of wisdom to help you hone and polish your application with advice sessions
• March 27nd 2013
Closing date for applications
• March 28th – April 3rd 2013
Proposals reviewed by panel of 3 judges.
• April 5th 2013
20 finalists announced – Finalist Pitch Workshops
• April 10th 2013
Pitching Day – 20 finalists pitch to panel of judges. Announcement of 10 student teams/individuals for inaugural UStart programme.
• June 10th – September 27th 2013
Inaugural UStart programme (16 weeks)
• October 2nd 2013
Investor Day in the Helix. 10 student teams/individuals present startups to investors, sponsors, politicians and DCU community.