The role of Subject Librarians
Academic support from the Library is provided by a team of Subject Librarians. Each member of the team has a specific responsibility to a faculty, school or centre. The team work closely with their designated schools to identify and meet the information needs of staff and students. They also:
- Ensure schools are kept abreast of library policies, developments and activities.
- Provide research advisory services to research students and staff.
- Teach information skills as part of existing modules and programmes.
- Provide research workshops for research students and staff.
- Collaborate with academic colleagues to embed information skills into the curriculum.
- Attend programme board meetings, are available to meet with student representatives and attend school staff meetings where appropriate.
|Business Librarian||Jack Hyland||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Education Librarian||Sue Miller||700 email@example.com|
|Engineering & Computing Librarian||Ellen Breen||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Fiontar & Scoil na Gaeilge Librarian||Jack Hyland||700 email@example.com|
|Humanities & Social Sciences Librarian||Victoria Smyth||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nursing Librarian||Celine Campbell||700 email@example.com|
|Open Education Librarian||Ellen Breen||700 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Science Librarian||Lisa Callaghan||700 email@example.com|