DCU (SSL) VPN Service
What is a VPN ?
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. In the simplest terms, it creates a secure, encrypted connection, which can be thought of as a tunnel, between your computer and a server operated by the VPN service. Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.
What is DCU Staff VPN ?
The DCU Staff VPN service can provide access to DCU systems from home or abroad which are normally restricted to on-campus access only.
NOTE: VPN Access is not available from Apple iPad and iPhone devices, at present.
What systems can I access with VPN ?
Some of the protected DCU systems you may wish to access with VPN are:
- Anonymous marking
ICT Policies relevant to VPN use
Please note that the use of DCU computer resources are subject to the relevant University ICT Policies which can be found here. Particularly relevant to VPN use are
Please become familiar with these policies before using the VPN service.
How do I request VPN access?
All VPN access requests are to be requested via department or school head. The following information is required for efficient processing of each request.
- Full name
- Type of access [Contractor or Staff]
How do I connect through the VPN?
To connect to the DCU VPN, go to the webpage https://vpn.dcu.ie and login using your DCU network account username and password.
Leave Group set as DCU. Once logged in, follow the instructions on how to download and install the VPN software with the DCU configuration. For instructions on installing the VPN on a Windows and Mac please go to Configuration section of this page.
Please note, you will only need to install the software the first time you connect.
A guide to VPN (Virtual Private Network) access off campus
Information Systems and Services offer a new Virtual Private Network access method to staff that hold a valid Novell/ActiveDirectory user account.
The Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client can be obtained from https://vpn.dcu.ie , Just log in with your NDS/AD username and password and click on AnyConnect from the menu.
Please contact the ISS Service Desk on ext 5007 or https://iss.servicedesk.dcu.ie to indicate services required, as this will determine access rights.
An example of services might be:
Access to the Finance Systems, Access to ITS, Access to Novell etc.
A requirement of access to the VPN service is that it must be sanctioned by a senior member of your Department, School or Unit. This service is also available to contractors who have been sanctioned for remote access facilities to DCU systems for maintenance purposes.
How do I install the new VPN client Cisco AnyConnect on Windows
- Click on the link https://vpn.dcu.ie
- Click continue to this website
- You may be asked to enable Intranet settings. To do this click on the toolbar and click Enable Intranet Settings. And click Yes when prompted. If you're not asked to enable intranet settings the continue to point
- Login using your normal DCU network account
- Click continue when the Welcome to ISS VPN box appears
- Click AnyConnect on the left hand pane
- Click Start AnyConnect
- Click Install when prompted
- When the install program tells you the connection is established you are finished installing
- Reboot your computer
- When you your machine restarts you can start the VPN Client by Clicking the Start Menu, Programs, Cisco, Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client
- Login using your normal netware account and click Connect
- Click Accept when the Welcome to ISS VPN box appears
- The connection is made when the VPN icon appears with the lock symbol in the bottom right hand corner of the screen
How do I install the new VPN client Cisco Anyconnect on MacOSX
- Go to https://vpn.dcu.ie
- When the security certificate announcement comes up click OK
- Login using your normal DCU network account
- When the welcome screen appears clock continue
- Click anyConnect in the left hand pane
- Click start anyConnect
- When the accept certificate window pops up click Trust
- If the hostname mismatch windows appears click run
- The AnyConnect client should install automatically. If it doesn't you can start a manual install by clicking on the Mac OSX link
- Save the file vpnsetup.dmg
- Go to the location you saved the file and run vpnsetup.dmg
- This will unpack a folder called vpn-x.x.x.xxx (where x is the version number) In that folder will be a file called vpn.pkg which should be run. Follow the installation instructions on screen
- The AnyConnect client can be found in the applications folder in a cisco folder on your hard disk
- Use your normal DCU network account and click connect
- You have a successful VPN connection when you see this symbol in the top right hand of the screen
I have been unable to install the VPN client ?
Please contact the ISS Service Desk if you have problems installing the client.
I have installed the VPN client but can not authenticate?
To authenticate to the VPN system you must provide your DCU network username and password. You can check that your details are correct by logging into your portal page. If you can login to your portal page then your account is active and your details are correct. Please contact the ISS Service Desk if you have problems authenticating.
My VPN client is working but I can not see my modules in the Anonymous Marking system?
Please contact your school secretary to ensure that you are associated with the correct modules in the module specifications system.
Common VPN client (cisco) Error Messages
Please see this page for an explanation of some common errors you may see.