Training & Development: Booking a course
Before applying for a course and completing the on-line course application form, it is important to consider what you want to achieve from the course. This will involve asking yourself a number of questions including:
- what do I hope to gain from the course?
- how will I apply the learning and skills through the course of my job?
The answers to these questions should be discussed with your line-manager and/or Head of School/Unit.
Any queries regarding Training and Development can be made by by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning ext. 5904/7377/5147. Participants selected to attend a course will be notified by e-mail.
The selection of applicants on courses is based on the reasons why you wish to participate on a course and also on whether:
- the outcomes of the course are appropriate to your current needs and your training and development history
- you and the head of school/manager indicate how the learning and skills from the course will be brought back to and supported
in the workplace
- there is a balance of schools/units, grades and gender on each course
- order of enrolment