The Finance Office's main responsibilities are:
- to account for the receipts and payments of the University and all its departments and subsidiaries;
- to handle and process all payroll matters for all staff;
- to provide a student fee processing service and related activities;
- to co-ordinate budgets and advice on trends in University income and expenditure;
- to manage resources, especially cash, efficiently and effectively;
- to co-ordinate purchasing policies;
- to insure and manage other risks;
- to oversee financial aspects of new buildings.
The main Finance Office is open throughout normal University hours (09.15 to 12.45 and from 14.00 to 17.15), during normal business days. The office is open, and assistance is available to all staff members, in relation to payroll, research, accounting, payables, invoicing.
The student counter/desk is open from 09.30 to 12.30, and from 14.30 to 16.30.
Telephone queries are taken from 09.15 to 17.15.
Members of Finance Staff will be happy to assist with any query you may have.