Information for Existing Students
This page contains information, which is applicable to students who have already registered. Various resources will be placed online here throughout the year.
Online Module Links
All active modules have been listed below, with online notes linked where applicable. Module descriptor links have been provided for your convenience:
Important Note: Access to notes will be provided during the first week of each semester to provide a level playing field to all students. It will be provided on the day of the first lecture in that module - please check your DCU email during the first week. Please do not request access to notes before this time. Access will be granted based on your DCU username and password. More information will be provided to your via your DCU email accounts.
|Module Title||Online Notes||Module Descriptor|
|EE402: Object-oriented Programming for Engineers||Online Material||Description|
|EE449: DSP (Digital Filters & DFT)||Online Material||Description|
|EE450: Communications Theory||Online Material||Description|
|EE453: Image Processing & Analysis (with Project)|
(Note: Passwords will be issued at the first class)
|EE500: Performance of Data Networks||Online Material (Moodle)||Description|
|EE509: Data Network Protocol Analysis & Simulation||Online Material (Moodle*)||Description|
|EE535: Renewable Energy: Systems, Technology and Economics||Online Material||Description|
|EE540: HDL/High Level Logic Synthesis||Online Material (Moodle*)||Description|
|EE541: Nano & Microelectronic Device Manufacturing||Online Material||Description|
|EE554: Image and Video Compression||Online Material||Description|
|EE558: Advanced RF Circuit Modelling||Online Material||Description|
|EE559: Fundamentals of Nanoelectronic Technology||Online Material||Description|
|EE562: Network Programming||Online Material||Description|
|EE417: Web Application Development||Online Material||Description|
|EE451: Mechatronic System Simulation||Campus Only - Material||Description|
|EE452: Wireless and Mobile Communications||Online Material (Moodle)||Description|
|EE454: Optical Communications System Design||Online Material (Moodle)||Description|
|EE502: DSP (Signal Modelling & Compression)||Online Material||Description|
|EE506: Fundamentals of Photonic Devices||Online Material (Moodle)||Description|
|EE507: Entrepreneurship for Engineers||Online Material||Description|
|EE538: Secure Sys Admin & Internetwork Security||Online Material||Description|
|EE552: Broadband Networks||Online Material||Description|
|EE544: Computer Vision|
(Note: Passwords will be issued at the first class)
|EE563: Graphics and Visualisation||Online Material||Description|
|EE587: Plasma Process Technology||Online Material||Description|
|EE588: Semiconductor Manufacturing||Online Material||Description|
Induction Presentation 2015/2016
Induction for new students took place on the first Monday of Week 1. If you have missed the induction session or would like a copy of the presentation, please find the links below:
- Structure and Modules (Slides) (Recording)
- Timetables and Exams (Slides) (Recording)
- Plagiarism & Project (Slides) (Recording)
Postgraduate Student Calender/Lecture Timetable
- Semester 1 *Draft* Timetable
- Semester 2 *Draft* Timetable
- DCU General Timetable & Calenders Information
- Academic Calendar 2014/2015 - provides general date information for the University academic year, including the scheduled weeks for examinations and results.
Access to Notes
When you register, a number of things happen:
- You are added to a 'Gdmeng' mailing list, which is the global mailing list for all taught postgraduate programmes within the School (next day). Note: This is your DCU email address (not that which you may have specified to the application system) - all correspondance with students is performed using their DCU email addresses.
- You are added to the password files for each of the online modules for which you are registered. (next day) However, please note that lecture material will *NOT* be made available until the first lecture takes place on campus. Please do not request access to notes in advance of this time, as many lecturers are working on their course material, updating their notes.
- At the beginning (ie. in the first week) students are added to the module mailing lists for which they are registered. However, after this time, if you have registered late or if you have completed a change of module form, you should manually subscribe or unsubscribe lists appropriately. This is your responsibility. You can find links to module mailing list homepages above.
- As there is a two week 'change-of-mind' period at the beginning of each Semester, during which students may change module selections, 'Guest' passwords are set up for some of the modules. However, for the majority of modules you should be able to access course material regardless of the modules for which you are registered. If you are having any problems regarding access, then please contact David Molloy directly to request access.
- If you are registered incorrectly, you should contact the Registry at DCU to get your registration details amended.
- If you are correctly registered, and/or are having problems with accessing notes, please contact David Molloy directly.
Masters Project Information
For full details regarding the Masters project please follow the link below:
The following attachment *must* be completed and attached to all assignment submissions:
Final Result Calculations
The following links provide information regarding the calculation of final result marks:
- Masters Overall Result Calculations
- Graduate Diploma Overall Result Calculations
- Graduate Certificate Overall Result Calculations
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
General Postgraduate Information
The primary source of information about the taught postgraduate programmes offered within the School can be found here. If you have any further questions, which aren't answered at this location, then please contact us.