Other Support Services
The Student Health Service is to provide students with quality primary health care and education about healthy lifestyles. This is delivered in a caring, compassionate and confidential manner. Student Health serves to assist students in the pursuit of their academic goals.
Services the Student Health Service provide:
- Medical attention to all students who feel unwell or become ill on campus.
- A call-out service is available for emergencies only occurring within the campus.
- Advice and support on any health or personal matter.
- Wound Dressing, Ear syringing, vaccinations etc..
- Referral, on request or where deemed appropriate to counsellor or other support bodies.
- Contraception/Family Planning advice.
- Nutrition counseling and healthy eating promotion.
- Sports injury referrals.
- Health Promotion and encouragement of a healthy lifestyle.
- Forms and advice on Medical cards and entitlements.
- Health Information on alcohol, S.T.I.'s, mental health and diet/exercise
- Health Awareness/Wellness Days.
Henry Grattan Building
Room: - Cg 13
Telephone: - 01 700 5143/5766
Fax: - 01 700 5880
Counselling and Personal Development Service
The Counselling and Personal Development Service is a professional and confidential service, which is available to all registered DCU students free of charge. The service aims to provide opportunities to explore issues of concern in a non judgmental environment. We work with you to discover/clarify ways of living and studying more resourcefully, by learning and growing in personal development, life skills, and self awareness.
The Counselling and Personal Development Service is staffed by qualified and experienced counselling psychologists/psychotherapists. We advise if you have a difficulty, don’t sit on it, do something about it sooner rather than later. To set up an appointment phone Marie McNamara at 01-7005165 or call into her to CG72 on the ground floor of the Henry Grattan Building or by email at email@example.com.
For information on the full range of student services provided by DCU visit Student Support & Development.
The Inter Faith Centre which is the home of the Chaplaincy on the Campus seeks to be a place of welcome and hospitality for all members of the University community. You are welcome at all times to avail of our services. If there is anything that we can do for you during your time in DCU please let us know and we will be happy to assist you in every way possible.
Do drop into the Inter Faith Centre at any time, you will always find a welcome on the mat for you and your friends.
The Careers Service is available to help you to prepare for the future, to advise you in your career choices and job hunting strategies, on either and individual or group basis. In addition to contact with the careers advisor, a careers education program consisting of workshops, seminars and lectures will be provided - you will find more details of these within their site
The Careers Service is located in the Student Support & Development Centre, Henry Grattan Building, Room CG 28.
You can contact them by E-mail Careers Service
Phone - (01) 700 5163 (or 5163 on internal phones in DCU)